Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FIRST bit of fan mail for GLOW!

See this lovely note from Terra, after she read the first 20 pages of GLOW:

I almost never buy books brand new, one reason because I generally give them away when im done. A book is somebody's story, and stories are meant to be shared... there's something about reading a book that other people have read. Now that im completely off subject .. I just wanted to say im so looking toward to it coming out and that im actually going to go and buy a copy. I can't wait to finish it :)

How true that stories are meant to be shared. That is certainly why I write. I love the idea of words and thoughts of mine being whispered into readers' ears as they cozy up to my book in darkened bedrooms, or comfy armchairs, in towns I've never heard of, living lives I've never imagined. All those people are sharing in the experience of my book! It's a community of strangers, all turning over my thoughts in their minds. This is a magical idea, and I'm the luckiest woman in the world that I get to do this for a living. So yes, Terra, please do buy my book so I can keep writing more stories, but also, please share it, as much as you like!

6 comments:

  1. Wow--what a beautiful cover.

    Like Terra, I am eager to read!

    Are you doing any author signing events soon in the Ft Collins area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, now this is the first I've heard of Glow. So I looked around on your blog and found some info on it - sounds very interesting. I would love to read an excerpt though. Is there an excerpt available? Is this going to be a series or a stand alone novel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi! I'm doing a signing with Northern Colorado Writers. The date is TBD. Stay tuned!

    For the excerpt, go here: http://www.facebook.com/GlowSeries?sk=app_164400156963229

    The Facebook page also has lots of fun stuff going on, with an app people can play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went right from here to amazon to pre-order -- I can't wait to read it! Congratulations Amy! I can officially say I knew you when! xoxo Jil

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can say the same of YOU Jil! Ordered your book, which seems to be doing quite well! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mardel, if you have a NOOK, you can download a sample of a book which usually gives you (for this book) the first 42 pages...just enough to get you hooked and see whether you like an author's style. I can't vouch for other ereaders. And remember, readers, buy your books NEW from bookstores...only then do the writer & publisher get paid their share and that's also how the publisher gathers info on how well a book is doing. The publishing business, like everything else, is struggling...so support your favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete