Friday, January 13, 2012

Twenty word love stories.


Can you tell a love story in 20 words? Here's how I did it. Leave your love story in the comments!


Sam the marine went to war. He wrote to Francine every day. Each letter ended, “Until the day I die.” Tragically, he kept his word.

Eugenia sat in the front row for Dr. Conrad’s lecture on Aristotle. By Seneca, Dr. Conrad’s ethics faltered. By Sartre, Eugenia was existential for two.

He saw her every day at the train station for fourteen years. She wore a diamond ring. When her finger was finally bare, his wasn’t.

She speaks Farsi. He speaks Bengali. She eats saffron. He eats curry. He sees her brown eyes; she, his gentle hands. Time to learn English.

11 comments:

  1. Eyes meet. But traveling in opposite directions. Eyes meet again. but traveling with others. Eyes meet again, it is time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meet on a train in matching coats belonging to their deceased fathers. What could be more perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their hearts beat in sync from the moment their eyes met until they each took their last breath. Together forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dare led the best friends to their first kiss. The kiss was electric, they were best friends no more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her slipper fell. He picked it up, placed it back on her foot, and asked, "Does the shoe fit, Cinderella?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bits and bytes and hope, then press send. Eharmony matched us electronically, but our lips matched us in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She asked if he wanted some falafel. He said, "Yes," and took a bite of hers. Six months later, they marry.
    (This is the true story of how I met my husband)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stories! I especially like the true ones. Keep'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dad always said, “I’m not taking care of her.” He never knew I’d heard him every morning whispering, “Good dog.”

    The first words she said to me were, “You wanna get high?” I should’ve run, but I couldn’t resist her.

    With six seconds left we knew it was over. Ten of us hugged. It was like we’d just entered Nirvana.

    The ice cream melted faster than we could eat it, and we laughed hysterically as it liquefied onto us.

    The phone rang once. All I said was hello. The sound of my living voice triggered her uncontrollable crying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First time we met was in an Church. Years later at a Pow Wow. Years later he came to my door.

    ReplyDelete